Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A Whirlwind of Emotions- This was written a little over a month ago when I first found out I was pregnant!

So...it hasn't hit me yet. But I think it is starting to.

Bombshell:
Today I found out I was pregnant...and thus far the process is so much different than it was with Keira.

With Keira we were trying, (although we did get pregnant first time). With Keira, as soon as we started trying, I thought I was pregnant the whole time. I took a pregnancy test two days before my period. It came back very faint. I then took one the next day and it was stronger. I know this is going to sound funny, but with Keira I knew from the point of conception that I was pregnant.

With this one: We were not trying to get pregnant. I have been going back/forth with wanting another one for awhile, but we kept having things that we were waiting for:
1) Our cruise
2) Germany

Germany is coming up in June...so we were planning to "think" about trying after that, and I figured I would get pregnant towards the end of summer, hopefully when things would be slowing down a bit.

HA! That is what happens when you plan huh? I hadn't even thought about being pregnant until about the past week or so. My boobs have been KILLING me, and I have been so irritable, for no reason at all. Not jumping down people's throats, but wanting to...you know those days where it takes every fiber of your being to be civil. That is normally not me, but was the past couple of days. I also was SO tired, for no reason at all. However, I normally get those symptoms before my period starts, about a week before, so I didn't think much of it. When I really started wondering was when I was late. I didn't realize that until last night. This morning I got up and thought, hmmm...should be starting today or tomorrow. Then I looked, and I was about 3 days late. Today was my day to go into the office, so I had to pack up Keira and head on in. However, all I could think about all morning was what if??? I have thought this before and it is always wrong. Finally, I couldn't handle the suspense anymore. I left and went to Walmart, and picked up a test. I went back to work, and took the test in the bathroom....once again WAY different than with Keira. With Keira we bought the test together, I took it at home, and we both watched it until the two little pink lines showed up. This time, I took the test by myself, and watched with shaky hands to see the result....I don't know why I was so nervous, but it is just so exciting and nerve-racking to see what the result is!!! Instantly, two pink lines showed up!! No doubts this time. I am DEFINITELY pregnant.

Now my emotions are going up and down. I am so excited, and yet scared at the same time. With Keira I was so sick, and I am not sure how that will go this time around. I leave for a week in one day, and I really with I could celebrate this with Austin more.

I have been "wanting" to have another baby...however when it actually happens I don't feel prepared. I have a million thoughts going through my head of, "What about work, what about Germany, what about this/that"....but at the end of the day, I know that the Bible says, "Do not worry" and I also know this is all in God's plan...and consequently...I AM ECSTATIC!!!!


On the plus side, I just ran the due date, and it should be 20 days before Keira's...which means they will be in the same season...if it is a girl, they can re-use clothes! :)


I cannot WAIT to go home and tell Austin!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment