Tuesday, May 24, 2011

First Appointment for Baby #2!- this was written a week ago. :)

So today I went to the doctor for the first time. I switched doctors and REALLY like my new one! He prescribed some medicine for nausea (I now have about 6 different ones sitting on my counter) and also took my blood in preparation for my trip to Europe (as a measles epidemic is apparently raging over there).

I honestly haven't been that excited about this pregnancy yet. Maybe it is the fact that I was totally surprised, or that it is the second, or that I am dreadfully sick. However, I was really hoping I would become more excited like I was with Keira. That is what made those 40 weeks bearable!

However, when I saw the tiny blob on the ultrasound screen I began to get excited. I am only about 7 weeks along, so you couldn't make out anything yet. However, the heart was already beating at a very strong 120 beats per minute. I think it is amazing how early their little heart starts beating!!! I looked up an average heartbeat for this stage is between 90-110 bpm. I am hoping since this one's is high it is another GIRL! :) It was so cool to hear the loud "DA-DUM, DA-DUM" of the heartbeat!

So all in all things are good. I have been miserably sick thus far, but am hoping the new meds will start working. I have been somewhat depressed, but I know that is just because I have been feeling so cruddy that I can't be my active self. I just keep reminding myself that this is a blessing and the not so enjoyable aspects will pass!! (hopefully by 15 weeks) :)

1 comment: