Tuesday, May 31, 2011

A quick update on life with us :)

I have been really bad about keeping up with this lately, and it is my bedtime...but here is a quick update! :)

We have been staying busy with life in general as of late. This Memorial Day weekend was so nice in that we had no major plans, but just stayed around town. Charis and Nate were in town this weekend, so we went to dinner with them which is always fun! It is so nice to have a sister who is married to do double dates with now!!! :)

We also worked on tearing down our old deck, as building a new deck is our project for the summer. Once Austin and Nate tore it down, I was mortified that we hadn't done it sooner. Most of the wood was rotten, and on top of that the posts were buried in the ground all of 3 in...rather than 3 feet!!! Thank the Lord no one has died on our deck. Austin is going a bit overboard now and building a deck that can withstand about 100 people on it...so deck parties here we come!! :)

We also took Keira to the zoo for a bit. She is an absolute joy anymore, and SO GROWN UP!! She insisted on seeing the "monkeys" which are her favorite (thanks to Curious George). She looked through every single window in the monkey area, and that process took an hour, so that was about the only place we made it that day. She also saw the train go around and around while we ate lunch and she thought that was the coolest thing! She would stand up and holler "CHOO CHOO!" while giving a little pageant style wave to all the passengers.

We also had a bonfire with friends, and Keira thought that "camping" was so fun!!! She loves being outdoors and loved being able to run around outside, play in the sand, and make marshmallows. I can't wait to hopefully go camping more this summer!

In other news:

On the pregnancy front: for the "most" part I am feeling so much better this time around! I am hardly ever throwing up thanks to my miracle drug ZOFRAN! I am so thankful for my new doctor and that he prescribed that to me, it is a life saver! :)

I am still really tired, and I can tell I am hormonal as I get really down in the dumps if we don't get out of the house and do things. After being home for about a day with no activities one day last week, I had convinced myself that I had no friends, and nothing fun to do with Keira, LOL. A little extreme, I know. I then decided we were going to get out and about with friends. We ended up having 3 separate playdates to the park, outside, etc. the next day. We both had a great time...her playing with friends and being outside, and me having the opportunity to chat with other good Christian friends, who are such an encouragement to me. God knows just what I need, even when I am crazy and hormonal! :)

Keira continues to be little Miss Independent. She now has to let the dog out in the mornings, make her own juice, pick her own outfit out, etc. It is taking us INCREASINGLY longer to get out the door in the morning. However, she is the most fun right now!! She is always talking a mile a minute, and has no problem telling her opinion. If I am laying around, she will come over to me with her big eyes, and say, "You ok mom? You not feel good??" Her and I are both enjoying me being home more...it is GREAT!! :)

Well my summary has gotten quite long, good night friends! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment