Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Keira: 3 years old!

I cannot believe that I now have a 3 year old!

Happy Birthday to Keira- she has brought lots of joy, laughs, and also taught me what a roller coaster motherhood is, while seeing my little mini-me grow up!

It is hard to believe that she has been in our lives for 3 years now! I could never imagine life without her, however at the same time the last 3 years have gone SOOO fast! As the Bible says, "Life is a vapor". I didn't realize the true impact of that statement until having children. Now I realize how quickly time flies, and that I need to be making the right decisions regarding how I spend my precious time.

Things that she is up to right now:

1. She just started Cubbies at AWANA. She loves it and looks so grown-up! This was her first week, and she did a great job saying her verses. :)

2. She enjoys going to MOPS every other week and calls it "school". She is doing a great job learning to be apart of a group and play with others.

3. She is LOVING having mommy home, and consistently now says, "I want to just stay home and chill with you mom!". The fact that she says, "Chill" cracks me up! I am enjoying being able to see all the fun things she does, and play with her more. She loves doing puzzles, read books, and do crafts. However, her favorite thing currently is to play with the new Barbie house that she got from Grandma Lea. She has such an active imagination and can play for hours with her house! We have consistently heard her say she is "taking her Barbies' golfing." Grandpa Steve would be so proud!!!

4. She gets up and gets ready on her own. She has now gotten into the habit of getting up in the morning, going to her closet, and getting dressed before I even know she is up. If I am still in bed, she will go to the fridge and pour herself a glass of milk. So grown up! She has been such a helper with getting me what I ask for, cleaning, and taking care of herself now that Lainey is here. I sometimes forget that she is only 3, as she is so good at being independent!

5. She is 38.5 inches tall. WOWZER, she is gonna be tall like Daddy I think! I am not sure what she weighs, but she is very tall and thin!

6. Her Phrases: these are some that I have heard pop out of her mouth this week!

"where in the world are you going for heavens sake?!"- This is what she asked me as I was driving home, taking a different route than we normally do. She is usually very good and recognizing the routes we take, and I threw her for a loop!

"Princesses (Parises as she says) wear crowns mom!"- She is VERY big into princesses, she wants to wear only dresses that "dance really well" and wear heels, jewelry, crown, and wand to go along with. She is quite the girly girl! One morning when I was trying to convince her to wear pants to church, she got the most pitiful face and sniffled, "But I am a princess, and so I MUST wear a dress!" She also loves Fancy Nancy books and has started using words such as "ecstatic"

7. She LOVES to dance and is begging to get into dance, we are considering it...Daddy isn't too keen on the idea, he just sees $$$ signs!

8. She takes after Grandma's in cleaning. That is one of her favorite pastimes. She loves to get out her squirt bottle with water, go get a towel and start scrubbing...the walls, floor, windows- anything I will let her clean!

9. She loves her "friends"- she wanted to make sure that we invited all her friends to her birthday, so we had a "Friends" party at Playdaze and are also having a family party for her on Saturday. She is very influenced by what she thinks her friends would like.

We are so thankful for her! We are praying for her salvation and she love Jesus with her heart and use her outgoing personality to be a witness for him!

Happy 3rd Birthday Keira Deara!!! We love you so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment