Monday, April 7, 2014

The Latest and Greatest Sayings Around Our House....

I try every couple months once a year to post some of the funny things the girls say/do so that I don't forget.

Here is the latest:
Keira:

October 2013:

Keira told me she picked water at school to go with her lunch:  "freshens her and is healfy that is why she ordered that at school". She then went on to say: "dad drinks too much pop its not healfy". Ha! Maybe she will be the one who gets him to stop drinking poison err...Mt. Dew. :)

November 2013:

Conversation with Keira about her school day: "a police man and a woman came and we got to ask them questions about what they do... but I didn't ask them questions.  I told them a fact about my mom.  How one time she thought they were chasing her, and then she lookind in the back seat and saw it was my light up shoes going off".  Great - I am loving how my daughter is portraying her fugitve mother.

April 6, 2014
Yesterday Lainey tried pulling her hand away from me in the parking lot like usual. I said, "Lainey, don't do that. You might get hit by a car, and that is dangerous. They are bigger than us, and could hurt you or you could even die." Keira gasped and said, "oh no! Lainey can't die! I am not sure if she knows Jesus yet!!" It melted my heart. Talk about having her priorities straight. Once again, I can learn from my children and their innocent teaching to me.

"Just a moment"....that is the latest way Keira describes things. For instance, "Lainey, you can have this toy if you wait just a moment"...or, "Mom, I can come get my shoes on in just a moment".


Lainey: April 6, 2014

"um"...this is Lainey's response to everything...as her eyes go up to the sky and she says it LONG and thoughtfully. Lainey, what do you want for snack, "UM...."/ Lainey, what did you do today, "UM...." :)

"Because": This is an adjective in Lainey's world. She uses this to describe/exaggerate her point. "Mom I want some cheese BECAUSE...."/ "I need that doll BECAUSE"

"Mom, you go pump. Zawee is hungy". This was what Lainey so matter of factly stated last night when Zalie started crying. It made me laugh because I had no idea that she knew what that was, kids are such little sponges!

After de-pantsing herself in the middle of the street (that is her typical cue to tell us she needs to go potty), Austin took her to the bathroom. He tried to put a diaper back on her, but she refused and said, "Whats the deal dad?!"




No comments:

Post a Comment