Sunday, February 27, 2011

A week Away

Whew!
The last week has been a LONG one, as I was out of town for most of the week to Orlando for a work trip. Work trips are an emotional roller coaster for me, as I dread leaving Keira till I get on the plane, then I usually have a great time while I am gone for the first two days, and then after that am waiting anxiously to get home. I love being able to experience new things, however there is nothing like family!!!

When I am gone I use the free time as my sanity time to recharge for when I am at home, and have many more duties to do. :)

I got home LATE Friday night, and Keira was already asleep. I didn't even make it to bed, but rather fell asleep on the couch while talking to Austin, and proceeded to sleep the whole night there.

Around 7:30 am I heard a sweet little "Up, mommy!" and then...."Hair-Pane, come back!" (Interpretation: You came back on your airplane!). Keira and I then had a WONDERFUL little cuddle session as she climbed up onto my lap and said, "Love you" and gave me a big hug. Priceless!

One of the great things about being gone for a few days is that I notice little things that she is doing that I think I normally miss in the everyday monotony. When I got home I noticed that she crinkles her nose in the _CUTEST_ little way when she is trying to be extra sweet (or convince you of something). It absolutely melts my heart when she does that! I also noticed that she is talking _VERY WELL_ now! She is consistently using 4/5 word phrases that are clear to understand. We were leaving the house on Saturday, and she said, "Diaper bag mom"....as she thought I forgot it on our way out. What a smart little girl!

One of her favorite places to go with me now is Target to get a "Hogog" (Hotdog). She shrieks and pumps her arms in the backseat as soon as she can spot the Target sign from a 1/2 mile away. She thinks that Target is a glorified hotdog stand, and it is essential that we pick up a hotdog each time. I figure for 85 cents as a trade off for my sanity is well worth the price! She then munches on her hot dog as I shop. I have become a HUGE target fan in the past month or so as I have started enjoying the hobby of couponing, as they usually have 1) great coupons 2) great sales and 3) I can combine a manufactures coupon! Yesterday we went and my bill of $57 was $15 when we left. I was ecstatic, and came home and told Austin...who just thought I was a bit nutty for being excited about something like that! :)

As for Florida: I had a couple firsts. I tasted alligator for the first time, which tasted alot like chicken, only more tender. I was really surprised that I LOVED it! I also had the BEST steak of my entire life, at a place that smokes their steaks. I had a 24 oz ribeye which I ate every bite of! I was quite proud of that accomplishment! :) I also saw the last launch off of the Shuttle Discovery, which was actually quite anti-climatic. It was cloudly in Orlando, which is about 50 miles from Cape Canerval, and so we only briefly saw it. However, the experience was still cool to know we were watching history be made!

Well, I am going to cut this short. Thanks for reading friends!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment